Scientific Research into Medicinal Cannabis – Insomnia & Sleep Disorders
Insomnia is a sleep disorder that is characterized by difficulty falling and/or staying asleep. People with insomnia have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Feeling tired upon waking
We have listed the latest scientific research into medicinal cannabis and it’s potential uses in treating insomnia and other related sleep disorders.
- The nonpsychoactive Cannabis constituent cannabidiol is a wake-inducing agent
- Cannabis, pain, and sleep: Lessons from therapeutic clinical trials of Sativex
- Effects of acute systemic administration of CBD on sleep-wake cycle in rats
- Effect of Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol on nocturnal sleep and early-morning behavior in young adults
- CBD modulates sleep in rats
- Endocannabinoid modulation of cortical up-states and NREM sleep
- Intranodose ganglion injections of dronabinol attenuate serotonin-induced apnea in Sprague-Dawley rat
- Endocannabinoid Signaling Regulates Sleep Stability
- Cannabis, Cannabinoids, and Sleep: a Review of the Literature
- Effectiveness of Cannabidiol Oil for Pediatric Anxiety and Insomnia as Part of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Report.
Can CBD Oil Help with Sleep and Insomnia?
We have written and in depth article explaining many of the causes for poor sleep and insomnia so you can decide for yourself if CBD can help you improve your sleep
THIS INFORMATION IS PRESENTED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. ETERNAL PLANTS PROVIDES THIS INFORMATION TO PROVIDE AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS OF CANNABIDIOL. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN ENDORSEMENT OF THESE ORGANIZATIONS BY ETERNAL PLANTS AND NONE SHOULD BE INFERRED.