Scientific Research into Medicinal Cannabis – Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a serious neurodevelopmental disorder that impairs a child’s ability to communicate and interact with others. It also includes restricted repetitive behaviors, interests and activities. These issues cause significant impairment in social, occupational and other areas of functioning.
The endocannabinoid (EC) system represents a major neuromodulatory system involved in the regulation of emotional responses, behavioral reactivity to context, and social interaction. Furthermore, the endocannabinoid (EC) system system is also affected in conditions often present in subsets of patients diagnosed with ASD, such as seizures, anxiety, intellectual disabilities, and sleep pattern disturbances.
We have listed the latest scientific research into medicinal cannabis and it’s potential uses treating Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Endocannabinoid Signaling in Autism
- Mutations found in individuals with autism interfere with endocannabinoid signaling in the brain
- Cannabinoid receptor type 2, but not type 1, is up-regulated in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of children affected by autistic disorders
- A novel approach to the symptomatic treatment of autism
- Consequences of cannabinoid and monoaminergic system disruption in a mouse model of autism spectrum disorders
- Targeting the endocannabinoid system in the treatment of fragile X syndrome
- Deficient adolescent social behavior following early-life inflammation is ameliorated by augmentation of anandamide signaling
Abigail Dar & her son Yuval
Abigail Dar, an Israeli advocate for people on the autism spectrum who works with the non-profit Kvutzat Hashavim, has been pushing for autism to become a qualifying condition for medical cannabis in Israel.
She has joined forces with Prof. Dedi Meiri data gathering project at the Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Cannabinoid Research in the Israeli Technion, already started gathering data and tracking over 70 Israeli kids and adults that are treated with medical cannabis.
You can find out more about their work here http://www.alutfriends.org/
THIS INFORMATION IS PRESENTED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. ETERNAL PLANTS PROVIDES THIS INFORMATION TO PROVIDE AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS OF CANNABIDIOL. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN ENDORSEMENT OF THESE ORGANIZATIONS BY ETERNAL PLANTS AND NONE SHOULD BE INFERRED.