Scientific Research into Medicinal Cannabis – Asthma
Asthma is a condition in which your airways narrow and swell and produce extra mucus. This can make breathing difficult and trigger coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath. For some people, this is a minor nuisance. For others, it can be a major problem that interferes with daily activities and may lead to a life-threatening attack. The most common pharmaceutical method of treating asthma attacks is through the use of corticosteroids delivered through inhalers that vaporize the medication.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease and cannabis is a known anti-inflammatory. When THC is delivered through a vaporizer, it still has the almost immediate bronchial dilation effects without the harmful smoke associated with smoking it expands, rather than constricts bronchial passageways.
We have listed the latest scientific research into medicinal cannabis and it’s potential uses treating Asthma
- The role of cannabinoids in inflammatory modulation of allergic respiratory disorders, inflammatory pain and ischemic stroke
- Allergen challenge increases anandamide in bronchoalveolar fluid of patients with allergic asthma
- Activation of cannabinoid receptors prevents antigen-induced asthma-like reaction in guinea pigs
- Endogenous cannabinoid receptor agonists inhibit neurogenic inflammations in guinea pig airways
- Bronchodilator effect of delta1-tetrahydrocannabinol
- Evaluation of Serum Cytokines Levels and the Role of CBD Treatment in Animal Model of Asthma
Asthma symptoms vary from person to person. You may have infrequent attacks, have symptoms only at certain times — such as when exercising — or have symptoms all the time.
Sgns and symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness or pain
- Trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing
- A whistling or wheezing sound when exhaling (wheezing is a common sign of asthma in children)
- Coughing or wheezing attacks that are worsened by a respiratory virus, such as a cold or the flu
One of the most popular cannabis vaporisers is the Volcano. This device allows for fully customizable vape sessions for as long or as short a time period as you like. You have the ability to adjust not only the temperature, but also the size of bag you prefer as well as the amount of cannabis to use at a time.
THIS INFORMATION IS PRESENTED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. ETERNAL PLANTS PROVIDES THIS INFORMATION TO PROVIDE AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS OF CANNABIDIOL. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN ENDORSEMENT OF THESE ORGANIZATIONS BY ETERNAL PLANTS AND NONE SHOULD BE INFERRED.